IBEW Apprenticeship Information
Apprenticeship requires a signed agreement between you and the IBEW-NECA, which insures quality training both on-the-job and in the classroom. As an apprentice you literally earn while you learn. As you advance through your training, you will receive predetermined pay increases.
In signing an apprenticeship agreement, you commit to participate in classroom-related training as well as on-the-job training.
Basic Qualifications for Apprenticeship
- Age 18 or older.
- Be in good health and physically fit for the trade.
- High school graduate, or GED with at least one year of Algebra (Official, sealed transcripts are required).
- A qualifying grade on an aptitude test that is given by the JATC.
- Acceptance after an interview by a committee that is composed of both management and labor representatives.
- Willingness to work, study and attend classes
The selection, employment, and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex or age.
Employers and union representatives interview all qualified applicants in an effort to select the best candidates.
A good candidate is one that has done well in school, especially in math and science; one who has demonstrated reliability and a sincere desire to succeed; and, one who has a positive attitude and a desire to work hard.
Benefits of IBEW Apprenticeship
- Safer working conditions
- Earn while you learn
- Pride and dignity
- Excellent wages
- Health and pension benefits
- State-of-the-art training
This information is to be submitted during electrical apprenticeship program application process:
- Age: Birth Certificate
- Education: Copy of High School or GED diploma
- Algebra: Sealed, official High School and/or College transcript. MUST show proof of successful completion of one credit hour of High School algebra and/or College algebra.
- Veteran: Submit a DD214 to verify military training
- Valid Drivers License
- Provide a current criminal background check
- Applicant may be asked to take a drug test
A FEE OF $45.00 MUST BE PAID AT TIME OF APPLICATION (NON-REFUNDABLE) CHECK , MONEY ORDERS OR CREDIT CARD ONLY!
CALL (706) 722-4100 FOR MORE INFORMATION.