Earn While You Learn with the JATC
Apprenticeship requires a signed agreement between you and the IBEW-NECA, which insures quality training both on-the-job and in the classroom. As an apprentice you literally earn while you learn. As you advance through your training, you will receive predetermined pay increases.
In signing an apprenticeship agreement, you commit to participate in classroom-related training as well as on-the-job training.
Apprenticeship Application Dates & Times:
June 6, 2023 | 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Last day to apply for Fall 2023 Semester)
Applicants will be required to take the aptitude test and interview the following week.
Basic Qualifications for Apprenticeship:
- Age 18 or older.
- Be in good health and physically fit for the trade.
- High school graduate, or GED with at least one year of Algebra (Official, sealed transcripts and graduation date are required).
- A qualifying grade on an aptitude test that is given by the JATC. ( The Test will be scheduled by the JATC Office once you have submitted all of your Required Documents.)
- Acceptance after an interview by a committee that is composed of both management and labor representatives.
- Willingness to work, study and attend classes
Employers and union representatives interview all qualified applicants in an effort to select the best candidates.
A good candidate is one that has done well in school, especially in math and science; one who has demonstrated reliability and a sincere desire to succeed; and, one who has a positive attitude and a desire to work hard.
Benefits of IBEW Apprenticeship
This information is to be submitted on one of the Listed Application Dates:
- Age: Birth Certificate
- Education: Copy of High School or GED diploma
- Algebra: Sealed, official High School and/or College transcript. MUST show proof of successful completion of one credit hour of High School algebra and/or College algebra.
- Veteran: Submit a DD214 to verify military training
- VALID GA or SC DRIVER'S LICENSE must be provided for copying: If you do not have a local license, you can provide proof of residency. Such as, Mortgage statement, lease agreement, pay stubs and utility bill In applicant's name.
- CURRENT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK must be provided. Must be. within the last 30 days.
- Applicant may be asked to take a drug test
For More Information, Call (706) 722-4100.
E-mail JATC for comments, concerns or questions.